Monday, August 5, 2013

5 Agosto 2013, Guasave Mexico

Mi Querido Familia,
Well this week has been quite eventful and there´s been some good changes going on in the ward and in the mission work. We had our meeting with Pte. Munive tuesday and it was really fun. We had a good time together and then afterwards started having our different subjects we were going to talk about. I enjoyed the plans we made to work more with the members and a good reminder of how we should be obedient. I know that we are more happy in our lives when we are obedient to God´s commandments. I think one of the best blessings that we can recieve from Heavenly Father is a clean conscience. It doesn´t mean we´re going to be perfect but I know that the power of the atonement is real. I know that Jesus Christ can help us to change any error or mistake we have made. It´s that love that we continue trying to teach our fellow brothers and sisters, whether they´re members or a man standing in the street.. At the end of the meeting I got the chance to bear my testimony along with a couple other missionaries that are going to finish the mission together with me. I could feel a special spirit and I know that the Lord pleased with us. The challenge now is to continue applying everything we have learned, and to keep on searching for spiritual experiences even one day when we don´t have a missionary tag on. We can always have it on our heart. And that promise is for everyone, inculding those who haven´t gone on missions for the church.
My companion and I have been doing well. I´ve learned a lot from him this transfer and I hope I can learn a lot more. I know everybody has special gifts the Lord has given them, and we can even help people to recognized the gifts they have or can develop.. Our zone meeting went pretty well too and all the missionaries left with a good spirit. Sometimes those meetings start out and you can see where people are at emotionally and spiritually by the countenance on their faces. I was worried that a lot of them are discouraged right now. I think the practices we did helped them to realize the potential we can achieve and remember our purpose here as missionaries.
I´m proud of all the good things that are going on at home and love hearing about all the activities going on. I know that their is no greater joy that we can have, than with our own familys. The joy can only be greater and eternal if we strive to practice righteous principles and teach one another to do what is right. Keep enjoying all the time you can together with your families.
Hugo and Uva are doing well but they still haven´t decided when they want to get married. Hugo wants to but the mom, Uva, has been skeptical even though their family relationship has grown distinctly. We keep praying for them and are going to do all that we can. I think everyone will have a few moments that the spirit inspires them what to do. The Lord is never that far from us, but He waits for the moment that we humble ourselves before Him and fall into His arms... I love you all and I know that Heavenly Father has a perfect love for his children.
Keep it up.
Love,
Elder Carlson
P.S. Photos: We got to go bowling with President. And play some ping pong. Here´s the guys in the Zone Guasave.


No comments:

Post a Comment