Tuesday, March 6, 2012

March 5 - Mazatlan Mexico (area 2)

Hola Familia,
 
Well things are going pretty good here. I´m still getting used to the new area but it´s nice getting to know all the knew people here. I had a good day at church yesterday and all the ward members seem really nice. We don´t have a ton of people to teach right now so that kind of bummed me out at first but we had a really good Zone Meeting this morning that got me more excited. Things are going well with my new companion too. Elder Rosales is from Veracruz Mexico and he is a pretty hillarious guy. I´m glad I got another mexican companion this transfer too and it´s kind of fun to move even though I didn´t move very far.
 
There´s a lot of missionaries who got sick this week and I was a little sick too. I feel better already but it was just a little bit of a cold that´s going around.. For fast sunday we did a special fast for the health of the missionaries and that every companionship can baptize this month in the mission..The weather has been changing a little bit but it still feels pretty cool and not to bad to walk around in the day. We have one family that we are teaching right now that is pretty awesome. The daughter, Olivia, seems like she is ready for to be baptized but her mother doesn´t want to be baptized yet. Her Dad is a convert of E. Rosales and E. Lopez from a month ago or so. He´s really awesome too and it´s always cool to see a new convert with such a strong testimony of the gospel. He wants his family to be baptized also and he seems like he is putting a good example for them right now.
 
Besides that not much is new! Thanks for all the support, prayers, and love! I hope that everybody has a good week.
 
Love,
Elder David Carlson

No comments:

Post a Comment