Monday, November 5, 2012

5 November 2012, Escuinapa, Mexico

Hola Familia,

Well things are going good! I just got here about an hour and a half ago in my new area. I´m in a part of Sinaloa called Escuinapa, it´s like an hour or little more south of Mazatlan. So it was pretty cool driving through Mazatlan and seeing my old areas!! I´m really excited so far and my new companion seems pretty awesome. His name is Elder Baltich. He´s from Lakeland Florida and has a little bit more time in the mission than me. We´re going to do a lot of awesome work together and we´re excited :).. It was strange and a little bittersweet leaving Culiacán and I got to say bye to a few people yesterday before I packed up my bags. I know that E. Collett will do a good job visiting the people their in our area and will keep finding more. It will be good for him to have a mexican companion for the first time too haha, now only spanish allowed.

Besides that I don´t have a ton of time to write but I´ll try and write some fast! We had the Día de los Muertos activity this week and that was pretty awesome! We contacted a lot of people and we went one day with one ward, and the next day with the other. When we got their the first day we had a special experience. There was a woman there visiting that had lost her daughter a couple years ago. We got to teach some of the Plan of Salvation to her and her 2 other kids. The ward members helped us out teaching and bore their testimonies about the gospel and how we can live together with our families forever. We got to explain about what happens after we die and before the resurrection and testified about Jesus Christ and this opportunity he has given us to all be happy and live with our families forever!

I hope everybody is doing well! It´s nice to hear that everyone had a great time with Halloween. There was some kids that ask for candy from some of the little tiendas (stores) here, and were dressed up. Definitely not as big of a show like in the states but it was cool to see a couple kids dressing up for Halloween... I hope everyone has an awesome week. I´m thankful for this life and know that the most important thing we can all do is follow Christ, help out our families, and show love unto one another. I also know that we all should pray for guidance from the Lord each and everyday and that he is always willing to help us!

Love,
Elder Carlson
 

P.S. Una foto de la actividad Día de los Muertos

No comments:

Post a Comment